Friday, January 4, 2008

Body Reality


 

 

Well the holidays are over, the New Year has begun and it's back to the hustle and bustle of life.  And as I continue to pull myself out of my fashion rut I realized that it had been a long time since I had looked in the mirror.   I have pretty much been stuck to the same routine for the last five months, the reality is, is that my life has become robotic.  So, as I start to get to know my body again, I take a long hard look at the beautiful person in the mirror and decide at that moment to love her no matter what size she is.  Once I had my moment, I decided to go and by a pair of pants that fit.  I took my tape measure and headed back to the mirror.  With the measuring  tape wrapped loosely around my waist, I marked the point at which the tape met up.  I wrote down the number of inches my waist measured out to be and headed to my favorite store.  First I just walked around and took everything in.  There were so many different pants that I almost got overwhelmed.  Then I remembered that I was going in to get sized and just try on pants.  I immediately found a helpful salesperson and told her that I was on a mission to find the perfect pair of pants.  I added that I was unsure of my size but I had measured my waist and was trying to figure out what my jeans size was.  She quickly pulled out a size conversion chart.  I asked her what was she looking it at and she said that most retailers have size conversion charts that will tell you what your waist size in inches convert to in store sizes.  She told me to ask the sales reps most stores have them and would be happy to share them with you, but usually have to ask for them.  Nice to know, I told her to let's do this, and we then proceeded to find the perfect pant.  I must say after it was all said and done (a short 45 min. later), I came out with two of the greatest pairs of pants I had owned in a long time.  Whew!  That wasn't so bad.  I must say it was very freeing to shop with no issues about my body.  I am not going to lie.  It was really hard not to get into the funk I was so used to being into, but I worked through it and came out with newfound confidence.  So moving forward, I am going to purchase a couple of tape measures, keep them near and dear and continue my quest to love my fine beautiful self from the outside in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was excellent! Thank you so much, you've inspired me - I'm definitely buying my tape measure this weekend. Also it's nice to know about the conversion chart. Thanks again

Quality vs. Quantity Fall Wish List